October is fast approaching and for Black History Month this year I want to do something different.
Despite the many brilliant sheroes who feature on the blog, not enough of them are women of colour. If women’s histories are neglected, then black women’s histories are neglected even more so. I want to correct the imbalance so I’m putting out a call to #TellHerStory during Black History month this year.
I’d like to share the stories of as many black sheroes as possible during Black History Month, but I can only do that with your help!
Here’s how you can join in:
- Pick a black shero from history you think should have their story told
- Check they’re not already featured on the blog!
- Write a short profile about them (500-600 words)
- Send it to email@example.com
- Spread the word – get others to join in: Tweet @SheroesHistory with the hashtag #TellHerStory